Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Table rendering bug in Chrome - March 2018 RS vs October 2017 RS

I have a report that I'm testing in two environments - dev and UAT. 

The dev instance has recently been upgraded to the new Power BI Report Server March 2018 release. The UAT instance has the October 2017 Report Server release.

I've picked up that the table object in my DEV report with the March 2018 release is not being rendered in Chrome, whilst the same DEV report renders perfectly in Edge and Firefox. However, I do not believe this is a Chrome bug, because if I open the UAT version in Chrome, it renders the same table perfectly.

Note that the only difference with the reports is that the DEV version was uploaded from Power BI desktop March 2018 release and the UAT version was uploaded from PBI Desktop October 2017 (ie in each case, the correct desktop version for each server version).

I've searched the community and the support area - can't see this as an issue logged before for this March 2018 release.

I've been able to confirm this with the simplest possible model so should be easy to reproduce - see screenshots below:

From March 2018 desktop:

image.png

From Chrome: 

image.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @bswylie,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. I'm testing with the latest Power BI report server version downloaded here. Table visual can load fine in Chrome browser. Please try to update both Power BI Report Server and Chrome browser as the same version as ours then test again. 

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

bswylie
Helper I

Thanks Qiuyun - appreciate you looking into it. 

I can confirm that I'm on the same version of Chrome as you are, and that both my Desktop and our RS versions are March 2018. 

We also upgraded our UAT instance to test there, and found a DIFFERENT issue - some date filters (page level) would not display correctly - in both Chrome and Edge. See images below. 

I however did find a solution - manually flushing the cache in Chrome caused the table issue in DEV and the filter issue in UAT to disappear. This however might be a massive frustration for users if they encounter the same problem. I wonder if there's a way the Report Server could send a flush cache command to the browser if it detects that the report server version has been updated since the last time the browser visited the server?

Regards,

Brian

Here's what it looks like broken:

Broken.png

What it should have looked like (Desktop, and corrected after fix):

Working.png