Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Subtotal label on Matrix reverts back to "Total" after exporting to Excel

Need your assistance on my problem. I have already renamed the Subtotal Label to "Average" in my Matrix as shown below: 

keith_lags_0-1706178703373.png

However, every time I export to Excel from the PBI Service (after publishing this to the workspace), the subtotal label always returns back to "Total". 

keith_lags_1-1706178812622.png

I have updated to Dec 2023 PBI update but I still am getting this same error. Thanks! 

Hi @keith_lags 

Which export excel do you use to export the matrix data ? What are your Desktop and Service versions? Were you able to use this feature properly before?

vyetao1msft_0-1706250061381.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @keith_lags 

Which export excel do you use to export the matrix data ? What are your Desktop and Service versions? Were you able to use this feature properly before?

vyetao1msft_0-1706250061381.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

keith_lags

Hello! Thanks for looking into this.

I use the "Data with current layout" when I export. I realized this was an issue when a client called it out since I was expecting that "Average" label will stay as is during export to Excel.

Desktop: Version: 2.124.1805.0 64-bit (December 2023) 

Power BI service: Service version:13.0.22352.90

I have same issue raised by another user here which looks like an Unresolved concern: Link.