Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sorry, no workspaces were found in Power BI service. Please try again

Whenever I try to publish any report which is live connected to a dataset, I get the error: Sorry, no workspaces were found in Power BI service. Please try again.

I can publish a new dataset, but no reports live connected. 

This happens since I updated to the September 2021 release. I published the exact same report with August 2021 release some minutes ago before I updated the version with no issue.

I am trying to publish to a modern workspace backed up by a premium capacity P1

Comments
hvnter
Resolver I

@dperecab,

We encountered the same issue. By reverting the build from the new September release back to the August 2021 release, we were able to publish again.  Hope this helps in the meantime 

Thanks,

Hunter

dperecab
Advocate I

@hvnter, that worked, thanks!

I have the Microsoft Store version of Power BI Desktop, so downgrading is not an option, but was able to install  the August version in a different folder.

In case anyone else hits the same issue, you can download previous versions of Power BI here: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive?tabs=powerbi-de...

Lets see if Microsoft acknowledges this issue, since my reports saved in the September release show warnings when opening them in the August release

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

According to my test, I can successfully publish the report connecting to the dataset using the Power BI desktop August version.

vrobertqmsft_0-1632467004869.png

Therefore, I suggest you to follow dperecab’s suggestion as a workaround.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned. ICM: 263932700

I will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,

ashleyfiore
Advocate III

Is there any upadate to this issue?

MattCalderwood
Responsive Resident

Have the same issue here & downgrading is not a great option for me, glad to hear that this is not just me and has been acknowledged my Microsoft.

Simple workaround for anyone who doesn't want to downgrade to an earlier version.
Manually upload your pbix files through the 'Upload a file' option.

MattCalderwood_0-1633791109919.png

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

ashleyfiore
Advocate III

This issue is resolved with the Ocotober 2021 release. 

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi All,

According to the latest update info from PG, this issue has been resolved.

Best Regards,

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered