Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Problem using UNICHAR as the result argument of an IF function

When using two UNICHAR results for the return of a DAX IF function, the behavior is not expected.

As the following print screen:

lucasmesquita_0-1650476342497.png

The problem doesn't occur when using a UNICHAR result and a simple text 

lucasmesquita_1-1650476371767.png

Here is the DAX formula

SincroniaViagemDia = if( DATEDIFF('sir Viagem'[DataHoraSincronizacao],TODAY(),DAY)=0 && DATEDIFF('sir Viagem'[DataHoraFechamentoViagem],TODAY(),DAY)=0 , "OK", UNICHAR(9940))

Hi @Anonymous ,

May I know what’s the version of your Power BI Desktop? I tested with the latest version of Desktop(Version: 2.103.881.0 64-bit, March 2022). As you can see, it works well.

vcazhengmsft_0-1650522398495.png

If you are not using the latest Desktop, please try with it. Here is the download link of the latest version: Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center. If you still have this problem in the latest one and don’t know the cause of it, could you please provide a download link of a sample pbix file that contains your issue so I can do further investigation on it?

In addition, please let me know how you configure your Regional Settings. Thanks in advance!

vcazhengmsft_1-1650522398497.png

And I think you could try to replace the “(“ and “)” parts in your workaround formula with “” to remove ( and ) from the visual.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was able to work around this issue by following the advice suggested in problems using switch() function with unichar() Is there any news for the definitive solution for this problem?

lucasmesquita_0-1650477800816.png

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: New

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous ,

May I know what’s the version of your Power BI Desktop? I tested with the latest version of Desktop(Version: 2.103.881.0 64-bit, March 2022). As you can see, it works well.

vcazhengmsft_0-1650522398495.png

If you are not using the latest Desktop, please try with it. Here is the download link of the latest version: Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center. If you still have this problem in the latest one and don’t know the cause of it, could you please provide a download link of a sample pbix file that contains your issue so I can do further investigation on it?

In addition, please let me know how you configure your Regional Settings. Thanks in advance!

vcazhengmsft_1-1650522398497.png

And I think you could try to replace the “(“ and “)” parts in your workaround formula with “” to remove ( and ) from the visual.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same Issue.

Just updated the Power bi to the latest version 

lucasmesquita_3-1650913197404.png

The issue persists:

lucasmesquita_2-1650913096622.png

My regional settings:

lucasmesquita_4-1650913256598.png

I can't generate a PBIX file for my current report since it contains some personal data.