Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Print from PBI Service: Textbox/slicer title shows default color & no background for visuals

The left page in the picture: Printed one visual from a report page from "focus mode"

The right page in the picture: Printed a whole report page

print pbi service report.jpg

This is how the report looks like in Power Bi service:

Capture.PNG

The left page (in the left photo):

The visual that is in focus mode is shown, but the background shown has the whole report page in stead of an white background.

The right page (in the right photo):

When I use File > Print in Power BI Service the picture is not 100 % correct.

-  The textbox shows the default color when printing in stead of white ( #333333)'

- The title of slicers shows the default color in stead of white (#333333)

- The (white) background on visuals is not shown

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

For the issue of left photo, what is the background should be? I'm not very clear about the expected result.

For the issue of right photo, I reported to Power BI team internally before: CRI 27762681

This is caused by browsers automatically transforming printed colors to make them more readable (e.g. to avoid white-on-white). On Chrome, one possible workaround is to check More Settings - Background Colors on the print dialog as following screenshot.

Actually, Power BI is planning on deprecating the print feature. The long-term replacement is export to PDF (coming soon) and then print the PDF.

Print from PBI Service Textbox slicer title shows default color no background for visuals_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Again,

I would expect the background would be white when you print it. It is shown as white when you maximaze the picture. See below.

Capture.PNG

However, it was correct when I was using crome instead og IE. 🙂

The other print when much better when I used crome as well 🙂 Thanks a lot.

I sound good with the PDF - hopefully it will be possible to create a PDF with all of the pages.

Perfect

hcknbrgr
Frequent Visitor

In regards to the focus mode printing, I had the same issue in IE.  I found that if I went to the IE settings and checked “Print Background Colors and Images”  I was finally able to print just the focus mode visualization without getting the bleed through of the underlying report page.