Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PowerBI filter removes all data

I recently started working with PowerBI for the first time. Most things seemed to go smoothly, then suddenly my report started acting weird overnight. A couple of mornings ago I opened my laptop and saw that it was updating, sure. But when I opened powerBI again to continue on an assignment, all my graphs that uses [D Time].[Calendar Year] as a filter stopped working. Whenever I apply a year filter all the data from a graph/table just dissapears, even if it's supposed to have data in that year.

I tried reinstalling PowerBI, I cleared every cache, deleted all existing files. I tried fully disabling firewall, This didn't fix it. I then ported all my files (ssms database scripts, visual studio project, powerbi report) to my pc, and there it works perfectly. After working on my PC I again tried porting everything back to my laptop to check if it works, but alas, the year filter still messed everything up. 

I'm connected to a localhost database with live connection with the latest version of PowerBI

PC:

Ordox_2-1709129157338.png

Laptop:

Ordox_4-1709129260470.png

As you can see it has data without filters:

Ordox_5-1709129278873.pngOrdox_6-1709129287360.png

Hi  @Ordox 

So the current situation is that you have the exact same environment on the PC and the laptop, and then the filter works fine on the PC, but doesn't show any data on the laptop, right? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @Ordox 

So the current situation is that you have the exact same environment on the PC and the laptop, and then the filter works fine on the PC, but doesn't show any data on the laptop, right? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao