Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerApps visual show in PowerBI PDF Export

In the not too distant past (4 weeks ago) when you exported a PowerBI into a PDF or PowerPoint you got a screenshot of the PowerApp on inital load. This was used for us to provide commentary into reports.

Now when I export it just leaves a blank white box?

Please can this be restored?

Hi @TWolsten

I see that you have already raised this question in the Service forum. Is the tech you contacted from Microsoft? What was their response ?

Re: PowerApps visual not showing on PowerBI PDF Ex... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @TWolsten

I see that you have already raised this question in the Service forum. Is the tech you contacted from Microsoft? What was their response ?

Re: PowerApps visual not showing on PowerBI PDF Ex... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

TWolsten
Advocate IV

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

The tech that contacted me was from Mindtree and said this is now intentional (the white box appearing instead of the actual PowerApp visual).

Which I dont understand as we have been using the previous functionality (exporting the report into PDF containing the PowerApp, used for commentary) for well over a year and specifically built a lot of our reports with a commentary PowerApp that now is not displayed in the PDF export making colleagues commentary worthless as the PDFs are used for our period end reporting.

Hope this helps.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @TWolsten 

I tested Power Apps in Service . I can export the Power Apps visual in PDF . It seems that this feature is not turned off . Can you create a new power app visual and export it as a pdf ?

Recording 2022-09-22 at 14.16.23.gif

Best Regards,

TWolsten
Advocate IV

Hi @v-yetao1-msft,

I am confused how you have still got the visual. When I export from the PowerBI Service I get the below in PDF:

2022-09-22_11-07-34.jpg

When it should look like this:

2022-09-22_11-10-59.jpg

Are you using the export in the PowerBI Service?

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @TWolsten 

Yes , I export my report as PDF in Service . 

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.

The link of Power BI Support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

Best Regards,