Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Power BI desktop schedule refresh issue in Power BI service

Hi there, I wonder if someone can please help with a Schedule Refresh issue I'm experiencing in PBI desktop. Here are my steps.

1. Created a pbis with dataset and reports and copied to our Admin Power BI account onedrive area

2. In my Admin Power Account, 'GET DATA - FILES' and dataset and reports loaded.

3. Created a Content Pack and distributed to a business work space.

4. In business workspace 'GET DATA - MY ORGANISATION' and loaded content pack so dataset and reports loaded

5. However, had to 'MAKE A COPY' of dataset to allow self service reports of dataset i.e. creating ' .. -COPY' version

5. So far so good, so then setup schedule refresh in Admin Account for dataset. I have made sure the Data Source Credentials have been correctly setup.

6. Follow morning, PBI online says the dataset refreshed successfully but the reports/dashboards in the business area had not been updated.

HOWEVER, if I perform a 'REFRESH NOW' in Admin Workspace the dataset refreshed !?!?! Very weird.

I have other Excel files with Data Models refeshing with no problems.

Please can someone help. I am currently having to refresh manually which is very frustrating. Again, the data source credentials on the dataset are correct. HELP !

Many Thanks.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@berta2b Product Team is already realized this issue and will update back in the forum once it got fixed.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

berta2b
Helper I

Hey vicky_song, just seen the issue has been Accepted in your team. Please can this be looked at as a major of urgency as I'm having to manually refresh many PBIX created datasets that have an Azure SQL connection every morning. Many Thanks.