Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Power BI Service: can't leave a workspace

I've bumped into a bug, which is I think not so common.

One of our workspaces' doesn't have any admin, all members have "Member" authority, becaues the guy who was the admin of the workspace, left our company, and his account had been deleted before we recognized this problem.

It wouldn't matter, if all of us were able to leave the group. But we can't do that, it gives us the following error message:

workspace.png 

(with these technical details:

Activity ID34106382-20e9-4984-ae85-58cbd2be0dff

Request IDffa2f812-7d1f-1672-2ecf-9ba352db1ba7

Correlation IDa4ab7fb9-696f-6b62-52c8-87dae16136c3

Status code400

TimeWed Apr 04 2018 10:10:01 GMT+0200 (Közép-európai nyári idő )

Version13.0.4829.213

Cluster URIhttps://wabi-west-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net)

I tried it with other groups, where there was at least one member with admin authority, and I could leave the workspace without any problem.

(Of course, we can just ignore the workspace and leave it there, but we fear that it'd confuse some colleagues from other departments. And if we use the workspace without an admin, we can't add more members to it.)

So, to put it in a nutshell:

You can't leave a workspace if there's no admin in it.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @andris_,

You can contact your Office 365 admin or IT admin, ask him go to Office 365 Admin Center -> Groups, find the specific group, then delete it. 

q7.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

andris_
Resolver I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thanks, I found this solution yesterday after a few hours I posted here (and to the Service Forum), and I marked it as a solution there (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Can-t-leave-a-workspace/m-p/389446#M42582).

But I think the bug itself still exists.

Regards,

Andris