Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Power BI OneDrive refresh disabled without error and not being enabled again

Hi,

I've a dataset (PBIX) which is created/ added to Power BI Service using same OneDrive for Business as for the workspace. Any changes made to the PBIX file data model used to be reflected in the Power BI Service, but now the OneDrive Refresh option is disabled automatically and I get the email OneDrive refresh is disabled without any error message. I tried many things but nothing seems to work.

I can't republish it as it'll change the URL of my report which we don't want as the old URL is shared with many people in the organisation.

Could anyone suggest the resolution please? 

Thanks.

Hi @SparshiJain ,

You may check in Refresh history whether there are consecutive refresh failures on this dataset. For Power BI will disable the refresh due to continuous failures. In addition, refresh will pause if no users visit any dashboard or report built on the dataset in two months. For more details, you could refer to Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

You could try to refresh by on-demand refresh to see whether it will refresh successfully to exclude any error in the dataset itself that causes this issue or reactivate it if it has been paused.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
SparshiJain
Frequent Visitor

SparshiJain_0-1657659164341.png

This option is getting disabled automatically. I receive below email but no error is mentioned. There's no way I can identify to fix the issue (if any). It's very frustrating as I had spent hours to fix it but nothing worked.

This is the email I get.

SparshiJain_1-1657659271538.png

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @SparshiJain ,

You may check in Refresh history whether there are consecutive refresh failures on this dataset. For Power BI will disable the refresh due to continuous failures. In addition, refresh will pause if no users visit any dashboard or report built on the dataset in two months. For more details, you could refer to Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

You could try to refresh by on-demand refresh to see whether it will refresh successfully to exclude any error in the dataset itself that causes this issue or reactivate it if it has been paused.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

SparshiJain
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-cazheng-msft , already tried with those options but none of them worked. The report was frequently used and schedule refresh worked fine.

The problem was with OneDrive refresh after model was updated for dataset (PBIX) in Desktop app.

However the issue is now fixed aftre support from Power BI Community -> Forum as per below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/OneDrive-Power-BI-sync-is-not-working-and-OneDrive-refresh/...

Thanks,

Sparshi