Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Add In To PowerPoint - "Cannot run Power BI"

When trying the new Power BI add in on PowerPoint Desktop Application we get the below error message:

Mathew1234_0-1655973428519.png

We have Webviewer2 installed, the latest Microsoft license and when doing this in PowerPoint online the page loads where I am able to add the link but not on the desktop application. 

Any solutions as my organisation are keen to start using this new feature?

Hi @Mathew1234 ,

There are a few things you can try :

1. Try adjusting the Power BI settings in File > Options > Security > Authentication Browser > Enable  "Use my default browser"
  2. Update your computer's Default Browser to Chrome, Edge, or Firefox through Start > Default Apps > Browser
  3. Try uninstalling Power BI, restart your computer, and re-install Power BI from the Microsoft Store.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
Mathew1234

Also no arrow appears on the top right hand side on PowerPoint online when being able to select a dashboard to make into a static image.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Mathew1234 ,

There are a few things you can try :

1. Try adjusting the Power BI settings in File > Options > Security > Authentication Browser > Enable  "Use my default browser"
  2. Update your computer's Default Browser to Chrome, Edge, or Firefox through Start > Default Apps > Browser
  3. Try uninstalling Power BI, restart your computer, and re-install Power BI from the Microsoft Store.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn