Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Postgre SQL Database refresh Error

Hello!

Setting up a new dataflow. I connect to my data type of Postgresql.

I enter the connection, database name, and password, add it to the gateway and then I see my data in Power Query. Great!

I make ZERO power query steps, simply save and refresh. 

The refresh fails and gives this error:

Error: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'We don't support CLR type 'NpgsqlTypes.NpgsqlTsVector'

Why can I see the data in the preview but not refresh? It's obviously connecting to it in preview?! 

Hi @AdamSabourin 

According to your error report, I searched for some errors related to dataflow, but there is no similar issue . Did you report the error caused by manual refresh or the error caused by scheduled refresh ? Maybe you can refer to the steps in the link below .

https://www.cdata.com/kb/tech/postgresql-powerbi-dataflows.rst 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @AdamSabourin 

According to your error report, I searched for some errors related to dataflow, but there is no similar issue . Did you report the error caused by manual refresh or the error caused by scheduled refresh ? Maybe you can refer to the steps in the link below .

https://www.cdata.com/kb/tech/postgresql-powerbi-dataflows.rst 

Best Regards,

AdamSabourin
Frequent Visitor

The error happens after the data flow has gone through its "save and close" checks/verifications and is on its initial refresh. It also occurs after manually initiated refresh. Thank you for investigating this.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @AdamSabourin 

Can your dataflow refresh normally ?

Best Regards,

AdamSabourin
Frequent Visitor

No I just tried again. Same issue:

PostgreSQL...

I enter the connection, database name, and password, add it to the gateway and then I see my data in Power Query. Great! It reads the data just fine in Power Query!

I make ZERO power query steps, simply save and refresh. 

The refresh fails and gives this error:

Error: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'We don't support CLR type 'NpgsqlTypes.NpgsqlTsVector'

If I try to manually refresh the saved dataflow, the same thing...  

Error: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'We don't support CLR type 'NpgsqlTypes.NpgsqlTsVector'.' Request ID: 7c5c2f7b-f1f0-8078-cc03-333f8226994e Activity ID: e3e93d98-3a9c-44ed-a322-2514e8038f5b

AdamSabourin
Frequent Visitor

OK. We finally figured it out. The PostgreSQL data source tables have parameter columns in them called "tsv". If you remove that column as a power query step and save, it will refresh!