Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

New button slicer issues

I started testing the new button slicer, and while it looks very promising, found some problems that prevent me from using it:

• [BUG/IMPROVEMENT?] Fill color and accent bar conditional rules do not get row context so they are unusable unless you want all buttons the same color. Note that font color does get row context and thus works on a per-button basis ✔.
  • [BUG] Label font and size is fixed and the format options do not work
  • [IMPROVEMENT] The 10 row limit. Why not allow us to set the button height instead?
  • [BUG] Text wrap for the main text not working (at least on long words)
  • [BUG] If I try to use gradient formatting rules, the slicer breaks and the formatting pane dissapears. Only workaround is CTRL+Z.

agusmba_0-1700157954397.png

Any hope of getting fixes at least for the two first items before next month?

Thank you!

(Edited to add BUG/IMPROVEMENT indicators to the original list of issues)

Hi  @agusmba 

As you can see this is a Preview feature, you can wait until he is Generally Available to see if it is updated . 

You can also vote the idea and comment there to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . Whats more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @agusmba 

As you can see this is a Preview feature, you can wait until he is Generally Available to see if it is updated . 

You can also vote the idea and comment there to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . Whats more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

agusmba
Advocate II

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

I understand it being a Preview feature. I love it, and that's why I try to provide feedback to make it even better.

Some of my points might be viewed as improvements, but others are clearly bugs that should be tackled independently of votes.

Thank you for your support!

janscas

please add that SVG images don't work

Also, seems like image needs to be a measure and can't be another column from the same table as the field parameter

phelmsdk
Advocate I

Format callout values does nothing to the values in the slicer. Also, if you use FORMAT to force a certain format on a value, it filters incorrectly on the new card visual reference labels (i.e. 1.164.945 formats correctly, but 718.356 formats as 718 ?!?).

For refererence, I used the danish locale in formating numbers, so the numbers are formatted as: #.###,#

cwollett
Advocate I

I love the easy customization and better responsiveness/sizing compared to trying to use the old slicer. I have noticed issues with the "Select all" option, however.

• If you choose the option to show "Select all", that button does not seem to take on all the styling options.
    • I cannot set the text color to be customized by state (hover and press text color is always black)
  • The "Select all" function does not seem to act as expected.
    • If I use the "Select all" button I get the total count of students
    • If I use each individual button of the slicer, I get a smaller count of students (the expected count)
    • This behavior can be seen in the image below. The count of the left is the expected count. The count on the right is incorrect. The data in the column this is pulling from only has the values shown in the image. I've tried adding filters on the slicer to say the data in the column shouldn't be blank. "Select all" seems to negate the filter entirely.
    • cwollett_0-1700498092356.png

AnalystByChance

The new slicer is a good replacement for the chiclet slicer, which i use all the time. However, like many other have said, the select/deselect all button formatting seems broken. Can't change font style (only italic and underline but not bold) or font colour, is always black for default and white for selected.

agusmba
Advocate II

It looks like the label font size and family bug has been fixed in december, howerver, the conditional formatting for button-fill still yields errors:

agusmba_0-1705582864691.png

And the accent bar and fill color not getting row context is quite inconvenient.