Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Measure Tools not showing, dax editor bar slow and poorer autofill after october 2021 update.

Hello everyone,

After installing the 2021 october update, there are some strange stuff happening to the measure tools in pbi desktop:

1.  When opening a pbix file, I'm not able to edit an existing measure. When clicking on it, the measure tools / dax bar doesn't show up. I need to create a new measure in order to "activate" the measure tools and then modify the existing measure.
  2. The DAX editor / bar is now really, really slow, it evens makes my typing to not be computed by it. Also, when using <tab> to accept an autofill suggestion for a table/measure, it gets stuck in it.
  3. The functions autofill is now poorer for some commonly used functions as the IF function. If I type IF and then hit <tab>, it will autofill the less used function IF.EAGER which can get really annoying.
Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@lucasrm 

I tried the latest version to test several cases and all seem to be working fine. You may also try earlier versions from Power BI updates archive.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

rhl94
Advocate III

I have the same issue with bullet 1. Thanks for the work around by creating a new measure

rbuel
Regular Visitor

I reverted back to September version and works fine now

elMedex
Regular Visitor

I have the same behaviour, my first try of a workaround was the creating new masure as you mentioned but didn't work for me, what I also notice is that at least for my and my work colegues this seems to happen only with live conection models such a SSAS

Anonymous
Not applicable

My DAX bar is not showing up as well on October 2021 version

lucasrm
Frequent Visitor

I also reverted back to september version and it is now working.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@lucasrm 

As mentioned in link below, there will be an update to October release later soon. You may post feedback there.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/DAX-IntelliSense-October-2021-Crash/idc-p/2158973/highlight/...

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

elMedex
Regular Visitor

@v-chuncz-msft 

Version 2.98.1004.0 Release today 10/29/2021 still has the same issue where dax formulas can't be seen or edited on tabular models