Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Matrix Visual Horizontal scroll does not work (Power BI Jan 2019 Report Server)

As seen here, the Horizontal scroll does not work in the Matrix Visual. (Neither normal view, or full screen view). This happens every time there is a significative number of fields added to the Visual.

The issue is happening on Power BI Desktop Jan 2019 Report Server compatible version.

Cannot Scroll Matrix VIsual.gif

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @PedroReis

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 119363648. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @PedroReis

I got information internally: 

"This has always worked this way. Row headers are "sticky" and do not scroll, only the matrix body area will scroll. Consider moving some row fields to the value or column bucket."

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

leehbi99
Frequent Visitor

I have this issue too.  We can only move attributes to values if we use custom measures with SELECTEDVALUE() - this slows down the matrix to un-acceptable levels and doesn''t work if there is more than 1 value.  

Adding elements to columns doesn't work as user want the sub-totals in rows only.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@leehbi99 ,

This has always worked this way. Row headers are "sticky" and do not scroll, only the matrix body area will scroll. Consider moving some row fields to the value or column bucket.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

yf569
Helper II

The bug has been accepted for one year but is still there?

You can't simply say, consider move some row fields to column or value. I could have done that if it works that way. Please just fix the bug.

thierryh
Employee

Same issue here 1+year later, looking forward to the resolution.

pb1051
Advocate II

I'm having this issue with a column with a lot of text stealing some real estate. I want to resize it, but I can't scroll to resize it!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot see Values with more fields added in Rows, does not scroll horizontally. Why this limitation in such a grand tool? Desperately need a fix. 

Jsomkul
Frequent Visitor

Vote this. same issue still occurs. 2years later.