Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Lakehouse

In ms fabric i was creating data ware house or lake house but it is showing error while connecting with sql servser ,does it require gate way connection? or how can i with out gate way connection

The solution was provided, now this thread would be closed.

If you have further questions,you may ask me reopen it.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Sonalim ,

If a connection to the Warehouse used to work fine but starts to fail without changes in user permission, firewall policy, and network configuration, try these steps:

Check the status of the Warehouse and ensure it’s not paused.
Don’t immediately retry the failed command. Instead, wait for 5 to 10 minutes, establish a new connection, then retry the command.
In Microsoft Fabric, two types of authenticated users are supported through the SQL connection string: Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) user principals, or user identities Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) service principals.

The SQL connection string requires TCP port 1433 to be open. TCP 1433 is the standard SQL Server port number.

If you’re trying to connect to your SQL Server without a gateway, it’s important to note that unless your data source is a cloud data source like Azure SQL Database, you will likely need a Gateway for refresh. However, if your SQL Server is hosted on Azure, Power BI can connect to an Azure SQL DB without a Gateway.

Troubleshoot the Warehouse - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Connectivity to data warehousing - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Solved: Connect to MS SQL Server 2014 without gateway - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best regards.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

The solution was provided, now this thread would be closed.

If you have further questions,you may ask me reopen it.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards.