Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Keep Columns on the Exported Tables (Summarized data) in new Export 2023

Dear All;

I’m very happy to contact you; first to congratulate you on the very powerful new features in “Power BI Export”, which we become able to export any filtered table from any report then the excel will be linked to the original report and user can refresh any time the exported excel. This features was a dream for me and if someone asked me what is the best features since I started working on Power BI  I will not hesitate to reply that this is the best new features over my 5 years developing on Power BI.

But the single imperfect in this feature is that the exported table takes the original (Technical) name of column instead to the names of columns added by us for user to make things clear for them. Please Keep the name in visualization as is like the old export.

Like the table 1 below from the Report (Columns names updated on the report) but the Table 2 is from the excel which is linked to The Report (which is very powerful) but unfortunately the columns names are the original name which query name which some time are very long and very technical.

Best regards     

Table 1

Entity%ActualTarget
D282%1417
D350%12

Table 2

ProjectBW[Div][PScore][PercentageActToTarg][SumDocActual][SumDocTarget]
D282%1417
D350%12

Hi @SidiNemine ,

Thanks for your kind feedback.

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @SidiNemine ,

Thanks for your kind feedback.

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn