Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Issue with Power BI - JUN-2024

Hi,

I created this report with Power BI - MAY-2024 and it's working just fine until this morning new version of JUN-2024 was auto-updated to my notebook.

PaulPrayoon_0-1718161400602.png

JUN-2024 version caused the report to be like this.

PaulPrayoon_1-1718161528160.png

New Card visual doesn't work properly with JUN-2024 version, all Reference labels disappeared

I guessed it's a Defect in this version (JUN-2024)

Hi all , 

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it. 

The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @PaulPrayoon 

Reference labels on visual disappeared, so have you checked to see if Reference labels are turned on inside format visual? Some buttons may need to be re-enabled after the version update.

Best Regards,

PaulPrayoon
Regular Visitor

@Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Which buttons to be re-enabled? BTW, I didn't do the version update, it's all auto-updated from Microsoft, though.

Best regards,

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @PaulPrayoon 

Is the content displayed properly here? 

vyetao1msft_0-1718243606294.png

There may be problems with automatic upgrades, you can choose to uninstall Desktop and then re-download the installer to install it.
Previous versions

Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
Latest version

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best Regards,

PaulPrayoon
Regular Visitor

The contents are still displayed. I uninstalled v. JUN-2024 and installed MAY-2024, it works fine on MAY-2024 using the same PBIX file.

PaulPrayoon_0-1718244069695.png

PaulPrayoon_1-1718244082477.png

PaulPrayoon
Regular Visitor

This is the result from MAY-2024 version from the same PBIX file.

PaulPrayoon_0-1718244876595.png

Best regards,

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @PaulPrayoon 

If you don't have a need to use June Desktop, my suggestion is to continue to use May Desktop, and if you don't want to automatically update your Power BI Desktop, you can turn off the automatic update feature by going to the Microsoft Store settings.

vyetao1msft_0-1718245396875.png

In the future, even if you want to update Desktop, my recommendation is to uninstall the original version completely and then download the latest installer in Download Center to install it.

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best Regards,

PaulPrayoon
Regular Visitor

As mentioned above, I didn't do the upgrade myself, it's done by auto-upgrading. BTW, when it's installed from Microsoft store, the desktop icon or taskbar icon that I created didn't seem to refer to it.

Now, I have 2 icons on Taskbar

PaulPrayoon_0-1718246176406.png

Left is June 2024 version, Right is for May 2024. They refer to the different physical files.

Also, when I do uninstall, it'll uninstall the version that I install manually, not the one from MS Store.

Best regards,

jzrzmy
Regular Visitor

I got the same kind of problems with the June 24 update.

The new card visual don't work correctly with reference labels.

And even if I tried to redo it from scratch it does not work either.

In my case the report is saved as pbip file.

After downgrading to May 2024 version, it works again.

kbring

I got the same problem with the June update. Reference label disappeared. For me changing the font size from 12 to 13 and from 12 to 11 makes them appear again (you can also display them by turning on Details even if you don't have any measures in Details).

However, another problem also introduced with the June update is that the Reference Label values are not aligned to the right end of the card anymore, there is about 20 px of  padding to the right which truncates the Labels.

Ara_Karapetyan
Helper I

Hi.

I have the same issue.