Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue with IBM DB2 connector October 2022 release of Power BI Desktop and the Power BI Service

Since October 24th 2022 the Microsoft version of the IBM DB2 connector returns an error on both Import and DirectQuery when working with JDEdwards on an IBM DB2 database (I haven't tried with other databases and tables).

"HISMPCB0002 In BasePrimitiveConverter the SetCodePage method has been called with a invalid codepage: 937"

This goes for the Power BI Desktop October 2022 version as well as the Power BI Service. When I roll back to the PBI Desktop September version I have no errors with my report. But when I publish the report to the service, the error reappears. Unfortunately this prevents us from doing any reports on the database. See also debate on

Solved: Re: Error Message Trying to Hit iSeries DB2 - Microsoft Power BI Community

which does not contain a solution even though it is marked as solved.

Hi @hannibalmads ,

power bi desktop has been updated for November version, have you tried using the latest version? Can you connect successfully?

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
LNovacek

We received the same error on Power BI Report Server after upgrading to the January 2023 version. No DB2 connections currently works for any of our DB2 reports and it is highly critical for us. 

Do you have any ETA please? 

Is there any workaround for PBRS? 

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is now working with the February 2023 release for the Desktop and Gateway.

Thank you

waynesteele
Employee

I don't know anything about the release schedule of Power BI Desktop for Report Server. 

But the provided work-arounds should still work on that platform as well.