Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

[Issue] Online Refresh with Sharepoint source

We are currently experiencing difficulties with the online refresh feature in Power BI when using a SharePoint data source, including both files and lists. While offline refresh works smoothly without any issues, we encounter an error message below when attempting to refresh the dashboard online:

tamvu2402_1-1684896081548.png

Things that I have checked:
  • Datasource Credential: We have verified that the credentials used to access the SharePoint data source are accurate and up-to-date.
  • Power BI Desktop Refresh: We have performed a refresh within Power BI Desktop to confirm that the source files and lists are functioning correctly.

It seems to be an inconsistent problem, as there are instances when the refresh works properly, while at other times, it fails to execute.

Hi  @tamvu2402 ,

We have received feedback from other users about this issue. But unfortunately we are not able to reproduce it. This doesn't seem to be an issue that will occur for everyone. Would you mind providing a detailed version of Power BI Service?

I will keep investigating this issue and will give feedback here if there is any progress.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @tamvu2402 ,

We have received feedback from other users about this issue. But unfortunately we are not able to reproduce it. This doesn't seem to be an issue that will occur for everyone. Would you mind providing a detailed version of Power BI Service?

I will keep investigating this issue and will give feedback here if there is any progress.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

tamvu2402
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Our Power BI Service version is as below:

tamvu2402_0-1684999342908.png

Best Regards,

joelzehring
Frequent Visitor

We're seeing a similar issue with datasets connected to SharePoint. It appears to be a recent issue. The error message includes "429" which is a common HTTP error code indicating "Too many requests".

Sandeep_Kumar

Hi,

Even We are facing the Similar Issue, while refreshing the Datasets. Please find the below error message that i am getting. Please Advise.

Sandeep_Kumar_0-1685103680342.png

joelzehring
Frequent Visitor

Recent refreshes between SharePoint and Power BI seem to be successful.