Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hourly grouping Bug

I've got a Data/Time column and I'm grouping by 1 hour chunks. On the same page I have a stacked column of time vs quantity of tickets logged at that time. I also have a table that shows the details of all the tickets received in the selected hour. The hours along the axis of the bar chart go something like ' ..... 8:00, 9:00, 9:59:59, 11:00, 12:00, 12:59:59 , 2:00, 3:00, 3:59:59 .....'.  For all the hours ending in :00, when the column is selected the data for the tickets displays correctly in the table below, but for the hours ending in :59, no data is displayed in the table below when you select those hours. Seems like a bug to me, unless someone knows otherwise.  

As previously said, the bins are 1 hour and no other customisation is available. 

Any thoughts?

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@C_Houghton

I cannot repro the same issue on my side. Please refer to the recorded video below, and let me know if there is any difference between our repro steps. It is also preferred you can share your .pbix file through online file service like OneDrive so that I can have a test locally.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

C_Houghton
Frequent Visitor

Strange. I posted a reply yesterday but it didn't submit properly.

The data is being retrieved in Direct Query mode. Also, there is a filter in the Advanced Query Editor as follows:

Table.SelectRows(#"Removed Columns", each Date.IsInCurrentDay([mrSUBMITDATE]))

Perhaps this is having an impact on the binning? In direct query there is no option to select minimum and max value which is also a difference.

I haven't been able to replicate it myself in another project.

Any thoughts?

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@C_Houghton

I still cannot repro it even using DirectQuery and add a filter as below. If issue persists in that project, I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).

Hourly grouping Bug_1.jpg

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

C_Houghton
Frequent Visitor

Hi Herbert,

I rewrote my formula to remove that specific filter that I was worried about, and am still having a similar issue. Having checked back through your reply, I can see that you didn't create bins using the New Group function. 

Please can you try creating a number of date/time values through the day, not specifically on the hour or just before but rather, random times, and then group them by 1 hour using the New Group function and see if the issue is replicated there? When I am using the Group function to group by hour (or half hour too), some hour bins are labeled automatically as XX:00:00 and others as XX:59:59. The ones ending in 59:59 are the ones for which the data doesn't display. Again, this is in Direct Query mode.

llaidlaw
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue as @C_Houghton "some hour bins are labeled automatically as XX:00:00 and others as XX:59:59. The ones ending in 59:59 are the ones for which the data doesn't display. Again, this is in Direct Query mode." Has this been resolved or does anyone know of any other threads that speak to a solution?