Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

HELP! Cannot download Power BI Service report

I cannot download the Power BI report that I made. The download button is grayed out and it says my file is a "system report". I don't know what that is and I don't know how to make is a non-system report. I don't want to have to create a new report and redo all my work from scratch, and anyway any new report I make it gives the same error. Please help asap, I don't wanna fail my class because I was unable to submit what I made.

Hi all,

If your administrator has turned off the ability to download data, this feature won't be visible in the Power BI service.

This section lists the limitations of downloading a .pbix file. This section is split into two parts:

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @TD1998 ,

the download button for a Power BI report may be grayed out if the report was created in the Power BI service and not in Power BI Desktop. Reports created in the Power BI service are not downloadableIf the report was created in Power BI Desktop, it must have been published to the Power BI service or the .pbix file must have been uploaded to the service.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

TD1998

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft ,

I am a Mac user and thus cannot/have not used Power BI Desktop. I have only ever used service and am able to download other reports that I have made entirely on Power BI, yet can't seem to do that for the one report I actually need to download. So your point that reports created on the service are not downloadable doesn't seem to be true. Not to mention that such a policy is quite moronic of Microsoft given that (a) it shouldn't be that hard to enable it and (b) it is a real spit in the face of all Mac users.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Hamzah_
Regular Visitor

I am facing this as well, and agree with @TD1998  respons to @v-xiaoyan-msft, It would not make sense for Microsoft to not allow reports to be downloadable. I'd also like to request, anyone who replies to please try and help and not aim to discredit the claims and issues being faced. In my case, the report I can not download is a report I created in Desktop but is connected to a seperate dataset. 

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi all,

If your administrator has turned off the ability to download data, this feature won't be visible in the Power BI service.

This section lists the limitations of downloading a .pbix file. This section is split into two parts:

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn