Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gantt Chart 2.2.3 visual bug

I'm using a Gantt chart to track ownership of assets. All of the below have the same commencement date, and a few months different in end date. As you can see, the start points of the bars are not rendering consistently and some are defaulting to sharp instead of rounded corners. This appears to be a visual bug.

chrisbaker_1-1676975483095.png

Hi @chrisbaker ,

I tested it as you described. Set the same start date and set the span of durations to be large
But it doesn't seem to reproduce your problem.

My Power BI Desktop version: 2.115.842.0 64-bit (March 2023)

Gantt version:2.2.3

vxiaoyanmsft_0-1680166576775.png

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @chrisbaker ,

I am not quite sure which visual object is the Gantt chart in your description. I didn't find this version of what you described in the app source. Can you provide more detailed information?

vcaitlynmstf_0-1678847850872.png

vcaitlynmstf_1-1678847872638.png

vcaitlynmstf_2-1678847889139.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

chrisbaker
Advocate II

@v-xiaoyan-msft It's the first option if you search 'Gantt', published by Microsoft.

Link: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380765?exp=ubp8&tab=DetailsAndSu...

chrisbaker_0-1678870984349.png

chrisbaker
Advocate II

@v-xiaoyan-msft any updates on this?

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @chrisbaker ,

I tested it as you described. Set the same start date and set the span of durations to be large
But it doesn't seem to reproduce your problem.

My Power BI Desktop version: 2.115.842.0 64-bit (March 2023)

Gantt version:2.2.3

vxiaoyanmsft_0-1680166576775.png

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Supermassive
Frequent Visitor

Can we just have an option to enable or disable the rounded bars? 

The rounded bars are cute for making visually appealing charts, but I am working with data that is accurate to seconds and the round bars continually overlap due to the nature of "adding" the rounded feature to the end of a rectangle bar.

Supermassive_0-1687798942555.png

Santi77

@v-xiaoyan-msft As @Supermassive said it´s a quite awful to deal with those rounded bars (i´m having exactly the same problem). And there are no options to select that feature. I have seen the same visual on previous versions of PBI desktop showing sharp edges. I don´t understand if it´s a PBI issue or a gantt visual issue.

Regards!

DanS446
Frequent Visitor

This happens when the duration is too small compared to the current X axis scale. The problem like you see is that the rounded ones seems to add some visual lenght on both sides so they dont look the same as the rectangle ones.