Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Formula bar not showing using live connection in November 2023 release - bug?

Hi, 

The Formula bar is not showing when creating a new measure using a live connection to analysis server. (it works ok and as expected when using import)

For me it seems like this is an issue with the November 2023 release. (Version: 2.123.684.0 64-bit (november 2023))

KR, Peter

Hi  all

This problem should be fixed with the next (December) release of PBI Desktop. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
nishant_joshi
Regular Visitor

Same issue appear to me. Formula bar not appear after Power Bi Version  has been updated to  2.123.742.0 64-bit (november 2023).

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

The PG team responded they will verify this issue that appeared in the November version. Thank you for your understanding ! 

Best Regards,

thomas_c_90
Regular Visitor

This issue is completely hindering our work. It's unbelievable that two weeks have passed without a resolution in the November update.

farnoud
Employee

Hi @puggaard,

There is a problem with the furmula bar not shownig when the field list is not visisble, which seems to be the case in the video you shared. This is an issue we're aware of and will be fixing.

The data pane can possibly be hidden with the release of the "On-object" feature. Could you try enabling the data pane and see if the issue persists?

farnoud_0-1701892161008.png

Alternatively, you can try disabling the "On-object interaction" feature switch, which should have the data pane always be visible after restarting PBI Desktop.

farnoud_1-1701892266346.png

If the problem isn't related to the data pane being invisible, please let me know.

Thanks,

Farnoud

zbi
Regular Visitor

Hey, farnoud!

I'm sure @puggaard will share his findings, but a quick one on the "There is a problem with the furmula bar not shownig when the field list is not visisble, which seems to be the case in the video you shared" - rest assured, it is not related to Data pane(Field list) visible or not. I had Data pane (Field list) visible all the time / On-object interaction not enabled at all and same issue = no Formula bar visible.

puggaard
Advocate I
RLSmart
Helper I

We still have this issue on all of our SSAS models, which is the majority of our data sources.  We test new measures by building them in desktop before committing to the model, so this is holding up new development in a big way.  😞

farnoud
Employee

Thanks,

Farnoud

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi  all

Best Regards,

MartinAtHolmen
Regular Visitor

I just installed the December release and the formula bar is now appearing again, like it did in the October version. Wohooo 😉