Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Export to PDF bug: Hidden pages are included

When I use the new Export to PDF option via the File menu in the Power BI Service, I see that a hidden page is included in the PDF. I assume this is not/should not be expected behavior. Thank you.

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

Please submit a feature request in Power BI ideas forum. Once many people votes up this idea, Power BI team would improve this feature.

The export to PDF feature is similar to export to PPT feature in Power BI Service, there is also a similar Power BI idea about hide hidden pages in exported PPT and team is working on this feature.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered

DavidPROVOST
Advocate II

I don't know why this is tagged as delivered, as the bug is still there (as of today) : anyone who can access the report can bypass the scope of visible pages, and choose to export ALL pages, including hidden ones, to PDF.

Tooltip / drillthrough pages are generally hidden, and often show irrelevant data when displayed without a parent visual's context. At least, those who can only browse app, but aren't workspace "members", should not be able / proposed to export hidden pages.

JonMarkillie
Regular Visitor

Agree with the above. Its bizarre that an individual can even choose to see hidden tabs? 

axkuu
Frequent Visitor

WHY on earth this is marked as DELIVERED when it is not?

Report viewers SHOULD NOT HAVE the right to export hidden pages. Who knows what confidential info could be hidden there, or remarks, or some other data?