Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Export only extracts 300 rows on Summarized Data, File Format .csv

Hi there,

I have a noticed a recent issue where people are trying to use the export via the Summarized Data and the File Format .csv 

It says it has a limit of 30,000 rows but on any export it only retrieves the first 300?

Can this be investigated please?

This issue has been fixed. Please update Power BI Desktop to the latest version and re-export.

Comments
NellyZhang

Any solution for this issue?

I need to export the data for my weekly dashboard use, but I can only get 300 rows 😞 

Appreciate it if MS can fix this problem ASAP.

NellyZhang

Hi @IrkenCR 

How to export as excel (.xlsx) file? I only have save as .csv option after click export......

Thanks.

Nelly

ArdaGonul

Hi everyone,

It was working fine on Monday, Today i faced this problem, only exports 300 rows.

Best regards

IrkenCR
Employee

Hi @NellyZhang,

Make sure you have the option enabled in your Fabric tenant settings :

IrkenCR_0-1694624559598.png

@ArdaGonul  I'm not aware if the issue is happening again, the fix was deployed already. I will let you know if I see new cases coming for the same issue, otherwise I suggest you to open a support ticket to track of the issue.

AvaHu
Regular Visitor

Same Issue today, but I could downloaded it yesterday, I sent my PBI desktop to my co-worker, he could dowloaded. I do not know why...

genna_rwsc
Frequent Visitor

This is still an issue at my org. 
Desktop Version: 2.121.644.0 64-bit (September 2023)

These forum posts indicate others are also newly experiencing this issue today. 

clearyvictori

I am having the same issue as well, and can't find the option to export the file as an xlsx file. I don't have access to Fabric. 

AvaHu
Regular Visitor

I found a tempting solution, hope it will help you
1. Select the table which you would download, "View"--"Performance analyzer"--"Start Recording"--"Refresh visuals"--Table--"Copy Query"

AvaHu_0-1694635654504.png

AvaHu_1-1694635893753.png

2. Go to Table View, Table tools--New table, past the code after "Table="

AvaHu_2-1694636018265.png

3.  In the Table code:
1). Delete "DEFINE"
2) Find "
   TOPN(

" chang "502" to "5000000002"
3) Delete from "Order by" to end
4) Change "
EVALUATE" to "Return"
4. Click this table and right click--copy table, paste to excel

Thank you.

cjmpetroleum
Frequent Visitor

Yes, exactly what @AvaHu has done works. Can also perform this using DaxStudio, but less than ideal to have to use these extra steps for such a basic process as exporting data from a table visual. My tenet settings for export to CSV and XLS are both enabled. Problem is manifesting on BPi desktop Version: 2.121.662.0 64-bit (September 2023).

I try to export a table visual with less than 20k rows and get a warning than sampling will occur: clearly below supposed limits. @IrkenCR : this is not fixed for me, and others so it would appear. Are you able to assist? I can share a copy of my project: msg me if you can help pls. TY!

CM

foodd
Super User

An easy workaround is to lean on DAX Studio for the export including from a Visual.