Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Every 90 Days Metrics loose connection to report - enable a link refresher some

Hello,

I could not open a Support Ticket (somehow power BI pro is not supported?) and I did not find this in the reported bugs here, so:

Evry 3 months I have the problem that all metrics in my scorecard do not correctly update - or - like it seems, the metric value loses its connection to the value selected in the report.

It is not vissible for me as an scorecard admin. I just recognize it because I no longer see actual data and when I click on the link to the report, the reports opens, but it does not send me to the page where the value was connected - but instead shows an error on the start page:

Klick here:

backflash_1-1692950183630.png

error is shown:

That shared report view isn't available

We couldn't load the sender's customized view of the report (filters, etc.) because it expired. You're viewing the report's default view.

backflash_0-1692950019695.png

When I google this error messge, I can find a support forum post that says: this error is shown when a Link is expired. and links would only last for 90 days (see here: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/PowerBi-Scorecard-Metrics-not-automatically-updati...)

So, this means, the connection to the report in my metric has expired.to fix this, I have to edit the connection in the metric:

I go into edit mode, it seems to be ok:

backflash_2-1692950271830.png

when I click on 'edit connection'...

backflash_3-1692950325345.png

... the report opens and I have to navigate to the value I want to connect to the metric

backflash_4-1692950473122.png

and click 'connect'

and the save the metric.

then, the link is working again and the metric is updated with the actual value.

The problem is: I have more than 40 metrics in my scorecard. it is not possible tó update each metric every 90 days. this has to be automatically.

Hi @backflash ,

It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @backflash ,

Does this problem only occur with certain scorecards or all?

if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.
It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

backflash
Helper II

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft ,

I have only 2 scorecards with approx. 40 metrics each, and the problem exists in both of them.

So I cannot say if it's a general problem or if it's me 😉

I will create a support request and hope the support team can help me.

Thanks.

Regards

Vanessa

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @backflash ,

Best Regards,

backflash
Helper II

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft ,

well, feedback from my support ticket: sorry, we can't do anything about it. This is just how it works and we cannot do anthing about it until the Power BI Product team includes this into their product.

They sent me this closed topic: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/Error-Message-when-viewing-shared-report/m-p/15317....

So the only thing users could do is voting to get this in as a feature: 

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/Error-Message-when-viewing-shared-report/m-p/15317....

Not very satisfying for me as a user. I stopped using scorecards since because it is to expenive for us to update each of the 80 metrics manually every 90 days manually --> this is appr. 1,5 days of work for simlpy keeping the connections in 2 scorecards. Totally not worth it.

kevingauv
Advocate II

Hello,

Just find this post.

We do have the exact same issue regarding scorecard/metrics that disconnect from the source (only the report link... the metric itself continue to be updated)

We do have a Premium Capacity however.

Do you know if there is an Idea submited for this topic?