Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Error when using new text measures

When trying to use a text measure (Measure = "text") in a card or tooltip, the system generates the following error: "Failed to load data for this visual element. Unable to convert value "text" of type Text to type Numeric". This error appears only lately. The same measures created earlier work without the error. If you make a copy of a working measure (without changes), it too stops working and generates the error indicated above. The time since the error started is about a week. Hope for your help!

Hi @Roman_Slezko 

I am so gald to hear that you have fixed your issue and provided the workaround . Thanks for your feedback !

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Roman_Slezko 

I created a text measure (Measure = "text") and added the measure in a card visual , I can see the content in the card visual . My test version is 2.118.621.0 64-bit (June 2023) . 

vyetao1msft_0-1688434013627.png

There is no way to restore your error on my side, can you provide your sample for testing?

Best Regards,

Roman_Slezko
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I can not provide the file for testing, as it contains confidential information. I think it is just a local failure in the system. The program, for some reason, arbitrarily tries to convert a value of type "text" to "numeric". It's strange in some way. The same measures created before the crash continue to work. And if you create a new measure with exactly the same formula as in the "old" measure - it generates an error "Failed to load data for this visual element". The measure itself is created correctly (simplified: measure = "text"). Tried in other files and in DAX Studio - it works. I couldn't fix the error, so I went back to previous version, where there was no glitch. Thanks again for the answer.

Roman_Slezko
Regular Visitor

2023-07-04_095535.jpg

Roman_Slezko
Regular Visitor

The error has been corrected. The reason was the filter SELECTEDMEASURE() / 1000, which I used to dynamically change the digit capacity of numbers in the visual elements. The system was dividing the text by 1000 and generated an error. I solved the problem by including the text measures in exceptions through the "If" function.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Roman_Slezko 

I am so gald to hear that you have fixed your issue and provided the workaround . Thanks for your feedback !

Best Regards,