Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error using Rest Api Datasets - Update Datasources: Multiple datasources not supported in V3 models

Hi all,

After trying to update a Datasource of a dataset in the workspace with the REST API i have the following error:

{ "error": { "code": "InvalidRequest", "message": "Multiple datasources not supported in V3 models" } }

I do have a SharepointList datasource and a sql db datasource, but i cant find anything about this error description, i am not sure what this means.
Does anyone know here i can find documentation about this kind of errors, or does someone know about this specific error.
Thanks!
Jos Eilers
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

It looks the dataset gets data from on-premises SharePoint list and SQL database. If you are configuring the on-premises data gateway for the dataset, you can use Gateways - Update Datasource API. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft  : actually the two datasources are Sharepoint Online (teams site) and an Azure SQL database. The REST API mentioned here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/datasets/updatedatasources

also gives me the same error message. I tried to do 2 datasource updates in the body and 1 datasource update (since we only need to update sql) but the same error message comes back. I hope maybe this gives more information?

StevRSA
Regular Visitor

I think this may be a limitation of the new enhanced metadata format.  We got the same error with the REST API as soon as we tried this preview feature with some of our reports.  Hopefully this will be fixed when it goes to GA.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @StevRSA , this could be the case then (it was active in this report). Unfortunately it seems that you cant go back once it has been set on :

Important

Enabling the enhanced dataset metadata feature results in an irreversible upgrade to reports. Any Power BI reports loaded or created with Power BI Desktop, once the enhanced dataset metadata enabled, are irreversibly converted to the enhanced dataset metadat format.

Or do you see any other solution for this? (besides rebuilding the report)

StevRSA
Regular Visitor

I was not able to find any way to revert the change and had to rebuild my reports.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Please create a support ticket to get help. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

dom99
Advocate V

having this same problem, did anyone get an answer? I'm surprised about this, does seem like a bug.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried it again today, and it seems the problem disappeared (maybe due to a microsoft update)