Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error Saving in Power BI Service

When trying to save my Report, I'm getting the following error:

Something went wrong

Unable to save the report

Please tyr again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID: 76b26d8e-6f39-4271-8c84-3ccbe58e1aed
Request ID: 451ecf78-7c1f-16b4-fcb5-c652e3a11c69
Correlation ID: 8bf8ee5a-a5d1-a49c-0618-3e99555d3db2
Status code: 404
Time: Tue Jan 03 2023 15:58:04 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
Service version: 13.0.19635.59
Client version: 2212.1.11454-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

The data refreshed based on what is saved in my .pbix file and the embed code reflects the updates, but I can't save and close out.

Hi @GUSers 

Based on the information you provided, it is not possible to determine the exact cause of the problem at this time. What is your data source? What action did you do to cause the save error? Can you describe in detail the steps of your operation and the related error message through screenshots or videos?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @GUSers 

Based on the information you provided, it is not possible to determine the exact cause of the problem at this time. What is your data source? What action did you do to cause the save error? Can you describe in detail the steps of your operation and the related error message through screenshots or videos?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

GUSers
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-yetao1-msft 

My data source is an Excel sheet saved on a Teams SharePoint site. I believe when/where I encountered the issue was when going into Edit the Power BI Dashboard on the web because I needed to refresh the data, then I wanted to save, but I was facing the error. This is a view that really is only updated once per month and it appears to be working now.

I'm trying a few other things with the same dataset and others. Not running into that error anymore, but having other struggles I will need to work through.