Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error Refresh Power Bi datasource from Excel - C++ PFAdalWrapper::GetInstance line990

Hello

When I try to refresh my published PBi model in Excel I sometimes get the following error.

The easiest sollution i have found is to recreate to connection which will temporarally fix it.

But I want this permanently fixed because i cannot expect my client to recreate the connection everytime this pops up.

Both the datamodel and the Excel Report are in development.

So have have made updates to the model and republished (replaced)

Maybe once the final report and datamodel are delivered this error will not return, but I would still like to know the cause.

Kind Regards

Jonas

error refresh PBi from Excel.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jonasarnout,

Which method do you get the Power BI data model in Excel, Analyze in Excel or Power BI publisher for Excel

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

jonasarnout
Advocate I
Power Bi Publisher in Excel is what I'm using. Is it possible to use Analyse in Excel and expect the data to be refreshable?? Never tried it, but i assumed it would be a static, one time download of the data
jonasarnout
Advocate I
Hi the connection is working fine for: Provider=MSOLAP.7 but not for MSOLAP.8 I discovered this when the connection bugged out again. I created a new one which worked fine. the only character that was different between the two was the 7 (new connection) compared to the crahsed connection (8) Anyone got an idea of some sort?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Is there any solution for this Error while using Excel Analyze?

interner fehler: unerwarteter fehler (Datei "pfad wrapper.cpp", Zeile 986, funktion "PFAde Wrapper::GetInscance").

PFAdalWrapper::GetInstance line990

Many thanks for any feedback that can helpout with this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I just have the same issue as I updated my azure service oledb driver to version 16.

Did you find a solution at the time?

Thanks and regards

rfisch18
Regular Visitor

Same issue here when trying to connect to Power BI Workspace in Visual Studio. It worked at 1 point but stopped working after i installed an update for analysis in excel from the Power BI service,

errormessage.png

jhernandeze
Regular Visitor

Hi All,

I managed to solve the problem!!!

I have checked the version of the DLL containing the failing function, which is located in this file:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS OLEDB\140\adal.dll"

I had a version 3.1.7, and I replaced the file with another with version 3.3.0 and everything worked.

To see the version of the file, in properties, details tab.

adal.DLLadal.DLL

Luck!