Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Dataset not refreshing on server

My dataset is not refreshing on server. It keeps spining for hours. I was able to refresh without issues in Desktop but when publishing same issue happens, datasets keeps on spinning.

Is there any known issue happening in Power BI Server?

Thank you

Kindly check the comments below,If in doubt, I'll reopen this thread.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @martinjager ,

If you are experiencing issues with a dataset not refreshing on the server, there are a few things you can try:

1. Check the size of the dataset: If the dataset is very large, it may take a long time to refresh. You can try breaking the dataset down into smaller chunks or optimizing the query to reduce the amount of data being pulled.

2. Check the data source: Make sure that the data source is properly configured and that the credentials are up-to-date. Also, ensure that the data source is accessible from the server.

3. Check the server resources: If the server is low on resources, such as memory or CPU, it may struggle to refresh the dataset. You can try upgrading the server or optimizing the queries to reduce the load on the server.

4. Check the network connection: If the network connection is slow or unstable, it may cause issues with the dataset refresh. You can try troubleshooting the network connection or using a different network.

Best regards.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Kindly check the comments below,If in doubt, I'll reopen this thread.

Best regards.