Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dataflow code formatting not retained on save

Since a recent update, code formatting (specifically identation) is not retained on save.

Hi @KNP ,

Yes,I saw your video through this link, but unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce your problem, you can check the screenshot below, then I saved it and reopened it without finding the change. Or can you describe in detail how to reproduce your problem in text?

vxiaoyanmsft_0-1680145203516.png

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @KNP ,

Can't load the full content of your post properly, could you please re-describe your problem?

vxiaoyanmsft_0-1679637864310.png

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

KNP
Super User
Super User

The detail is in the video. 

Can you see the video?

KNP
Super User
Super User

Here's the link showing the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUIjMmOLHwY&ab_channel=KNP-BI

Basically, if you format the code, paste it to a dataflow, save, edit, all indentation is gone.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @KNP ,

Yes,I saw your video through this link, but unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce your problem, you can check the screenshot below, then I saved it and reopened it without finding the change. Or can you describe in detail how to reproduce your problem in text?

vxiaoyanmsft_0-1680145203516.png

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

KNP
Super User
Super User

I'm struggling to reproduce on a fresh Dataflow, but the Dataflow that is doing it consistently comes up with this error...

KNP_0-1680156931525.png

Everything saves correctly except the indentation.

KNP
Super User
Super User

I don't think this error is related, because after forcing a refresh on the browser it saves without error but the indentation does not.

The only other thing I could think to test would be a Dataflow with only linked and multiple computed entities, which is what the Dataflow is made up of.

KNP
Super User
Super User

@v-xiaoyan-msft - this is still a problem for me. Are you able to test on a Dataflow that is made up of only Linked and Computed entities? 

Something is causing the indentation to be removed and it makes the code very hard to read.

Let me know if there is other information I can provide to help diagnose.