Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Data flow refresh error after Gen 2 update

Hi there,

The schedule refresh for PowerBI is failing after we upgraded our account to Gen2.

The error is quite not useful, it states - 

chavanr_0-1605579537529.png

Have also raised a support ticket with microsoft for the same which is still WIP.

Is anyone have similar issues after updating to Gen2.

Comments
jenneferparr
Helper I

Yes, when I try to refresh any of my reports in PBI desktop I get this error:

jenneferparr_0-1605632093372.png

This just started yesterday; I was able to refresh on Friday with no issues.

jfreyha
Frequent Visitor

same thing here. we are reverting back the Gen2 Premium and dataflows/datasets are refreshing normally again.

chavanr
Resolver I

Yes @jfreyha  we did the same thing, everything working alright after we reverted back.

waiting for Microsoft support to get back to us on the Gen2 update.

jenneferparr
Helper I

I discovered the issue was with the Microsoft store version of PBI Desktop. When I removed that and updated the PBI.com version all my database connections started working again.

jenneferparr
Helper I

One more comment on this - after I opened a case with Microsoft and then figured out how to fix my issue, the Microsoft tech told me that this is a known issue with the Microsoft store version of Power BI and they're working on it. 

chavanr
Resolver I

@jenneferparr thanks for the information!

My ticket with Microsoft support is escalated to the product team.

Hopefully we will get a update soon.

Cheers,

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@chavanr 

Thanks for your update. We understand that the issue may be urgent and you have created a support ticket. Hopefully, it could be resolved soon and it would be great if you could share the solution to help more users.