Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data Labels on line & stacked bar charts

There is a bug with data labels on combo charts. I have a line & stacked column chart and I am unable to limit the data labels to only the line. As you can see in the snapshot, data labels are present on some of the columns but not all. 

wynhodgkiss_0-1667564717210.png

The Data Label settings are:

wynhodgkiss_1-1667564717178.png

Changing the Series has no effect. How can I show data labels for the Line (% of total) only?

Hi @wynhodgkiss ,

We have reported similar issues to the product team in the past and we got the following response:

”This behavior is expected: if the top-level data label toggle is enabled, all series get data labels.  If the customer only wants one series to be labeled, they need to subsequently disable the labels for all other series.“

This may seem a bit complicated, but for now, the only workaround is to manually turn off the other labels like in the image below:

vcaitlynmstf_0-1667798839477.png

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @wynhodgkiss ,

We have reported similar issues to the product team in the past and we got the following response:

”This behavior is expected: if the top-level data label toggle is enabled, all series get data labels.  If the customer only wants one series to be labeled, they need to subsequently disable the labels for all other series.“

This may seem a bit complicated, but for now, the only workaround is to manually turn off the other labels like in the image below:

vcaitlynmstf_0-1667798839477.png

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

wynhodgkiss
Helper III

Thanks @v-xiaoyan-msft , not a great workaround when I have over 700 series to individually turn off data labels for. Also, how does this behave as new series are introduced (one series per day)?

I will add the idea as you suggest but I do not have a high expectation.

wynhodgkiss
Helper III

Anyone finding this post and wishing to vote for the idea: Microsoft Idea (powerbi.com)