Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Dashobard reverting to previous refresh of data

On a number of occassions we have seen some of our report tiles on our dashboard reverting to a previous refresh. We have spotted it a few times on different reports, however it has re-occured today with a direct query report. This report refreshed every 15 minutes and I have seen the correct sales displayed throughout this morning. At 13.36pm GMT the tiles reverted to showing the values from 9am GMT this morning:

Miss_1-1706018749714.png

I have check the refresh logs for this particular report and can see that it was refreshing successfully all morning:

Miss_2-1706018848395.png

I was able to refresh the tiles and correct the issue, but I've incidents of users not realising there is an issue and using the wrong figures.

Has anyone else seen this and is there a way to prevent this?

Hi @Miss 

There is no customer feedback on similar issues at this time. When did this happen with the dashboard showing previous data?Is all the data where this happens fetched through Direct Query's connection mode? If you manually refresh after that, will the scheduled refresh after that still refresh the previous data?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Miss 

There is no customer feedback on similar issues at this time. When did this happen with the dashboard showing previous data?Is all the data where this happens fetched through Direct Query's connection mode? If you manually refresh after that, will the scheduled refresh after that still refresh the previous data?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Miss
Frequent Visitor

All of the data in this particular report is fetched through a Direct Query. Manually refreshing the tiles on the dashboard updated back to the latest refresh of data and shows refreshed data after each refresh. 

This is not the first time we have seen this, we have seen it a few times over the last month or so where a report has been refreshed and showing the latest results and then a while later reverts to an older version. It has happened on different reports, in one instance it reverted to a previous days refresh. There have been no refresh failures on the reports. The other reports have been on an import mode.

It has happened on mobile and desktop; the report below had had at least 8 refreshes since the time shown on the tiles, and we had observed the correct data during the day:

Miss_0-1706087913358.png

rbk1234
Frequent Visitor

May i suggest that someone is working on desktop and when they publish they forget to update the data beforehand? Been there.

Miss
Frequent Visitor

HI,

Good thought, but no! I'm the only person that has the access to publish reports and these reports have not changed in months!