Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Dashboard Comment cant expand

No one in my organization can expand the comments (next to bookmarks tab on the top right hand side). We can see it on the mobile platform but not the web version. Is this going to be fixed soon? 
In the meantime is there a way to export those comments so that I can show them on a report?

Hi @elynunez ,

I tested the Comments feature on the report page and the dashboard page separately and it worked fine.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1647395158950.pngvcaitlynmstf_1-1647395237331.png

This should not be a Power BI error, please check if the report creator has turned off the comments feature.

The following shows how to turn off the comment function on the dashboard, and the same operation on the report.

Test comments.gif

It is not supported to export report comments from power BI service and access them in tabular format in Power BI currently. While your demand is a good idea, and you can post your new idea in Idea Forum , add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

In addition,  from the Microsoft official document, the users' comments will be stored and managed in Azure BLOB storage. And the administrator will decide if the comments get cleared or remained generally.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @elynunez ,

I tested the Comments feature on the report page and the dashboard page separately and it worked fine.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1647395158950.pngvcaitlynmstf_1-1647395237331.png

This should not be a Power BI error, please check if the report creator has turned off the comments feature.

The following shows how to turn off the comment function on the dashboard, and the same operation on the report.

Test comments.gif

It is not supported to export report comments from power BI service and access them in tabular format in Power BI currently. While your demand is a good idea, and you can post your new idea in Idea Forum , add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

In addition,  from the Microsoft official document, the users' comments will be stored and managed in Azure BLOB storage. And the administrator will decide if the comments get cleared or remained generally.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

KazBurnside
Regular Visitor

I believe I have the same issue with @elynunez . The comment function is working. The comment panel is there. But when there are multiple replies to a comment, as a default the only latest comment is displayed. When I click on "Expand", the comment thread collaps instead of expand, and shows only the original comment. After that, the "Expand" won't do anything no matter how many times I clicked.

Please fix the issue.