Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Copy as Image feature doesn't preserve color theme

Hi,

I found this issue when trying to Copy as Image from pivot with colored columns and data bars:
(This worked without issue for last 2 years)

msimanek_0-1678438527735.png

Copied result:

msimanek_1-1678438609700.png

I have custom color theme set in Power BI reports.

I tried republish the app but issue perssists.

Issue is happening also outside app on single report.

Issue is also happening if I publish new report.

Could this be bug or more likely issue on my side?

Thanks,

Michal

Hi all,

We have seen this issue submitted by engineers on our internal platform to the product team.

Problem: Copy the visual as "Image with caption copied" Visual colors is getting changed.

They have been aware of the issue and the engineers will do their best to resolve it. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient. 

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @msimanek ,

It seems that I can't reproduce your problem. You can see below the original version of my Power BI Desktop and the result after I saved as a copy.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1678673594033.png

Best regards.

msimanek
Regular Visitor

Hi Caitlyn, thanks for responding.

Just to be clear, did you try "Copy as Image" in Power BI Service, which provides image with caption and link to report. I'm sending better screenshot.

msimanek_1-1678691054517.png

As of today 13th of March 2023, issue is still happening.

msimanek_0-1678690859396.png

First three green columns changes to red, two orange columns changes to pink:

Copied image result:

msimanek_2-1678691146280.png

Thanks.

Best,

Michal

jhoffmann
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue. Although the navigation I took when copying the image to clipboad was to right click, then Copy, then Image (or Image with caption). The rendered image is an entirely different aspect ratio from the visual, as well as different font, alignment, and colors. Basically all of the visual-level formatting is wiped out.

annasears

I'm having the same issue - all of the formatting we did with regard to color does not remain upon Copy as Image, but it was working fine for the last year. Will have to go back to taking screenshots until this is fixed...

fil0mela
Regular Visitor

I also have the same issue.. A few weeks ago it worked perfectly with this report.
Screenshot 2023-03-21 082443.png

PBI_EA
Regular Visitor

We also have the same issue. It was working before, now colours change on copy.  Visual title is also not correct.

PBI_EA_0-1679446840877.png

bphc
Frequent Visitor

Same isue. Apparently the common thread is that we're using a CUSTOM theme. Can MS look into this for us? The default theme does not meet our accessibility requirements. 

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi all,

We have seen this issue submitted by engineers on our internal platform to the product team.

Problem: Copy the visual as "Image with caption copied" Visual colors is getting changed.

They have been aware of the issue and the engineers will do their best to resolve it. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient. 

Best regards.

Veranij

Hello @v-xiaoyan-msft , I would like to get feedback on this topic as it is also affecting my reports. Is there any status date or expectation when it will be resolved?

Thanks

msimanek
Regular Visitor

Hi, it seems the copy as image feature is working again for us.