Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Clearing permissions from data flows

In Power BI Service for data flow, there is no way to clear the credentials. You can edit the credentials, but you cannot remove them. In case, they are incorrectly entered (e.g. database is wrong in SQL connection), there is no way to get rid of this and it blocks refreshing.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vojtakopal

If you want to modify credential for entities in the dataflow, you can go to Settings-> Dataflows, go to Gateway connection tab, modify the credential in gateway if the gateway is configured for the dataflow. Otherwise, modify the credential in Data Source Credentials tab. 

q3.PNG

If you want to modify the connection information for the entity, eg: SQL server name and database name, you can enter edit entity mode, the right click on desired entity choose Advanced Editor. You can modify the connection information in Power Query here.  

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

jgrundah
Helper I

I had the same problem.  I have a work around, but it could break links to existing reports and datasets:

Re: how to delete invalid data source credentials ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

It would be nice to simply delete the credential error from the existing Dataflow.