Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Can't map European Union

It seems odd that when my country data includes "European Union" that Power BI is unable to map it. 

A lot of statistics aren't available at the individual country-level anymore and are instead aggregated to the economic union level. Given that the European Union represents half a billion people and is the 2nd largest economy in the world there seems to be a pretty good case for being able to map it. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @crspd,

Please share some sample data and clarify the desired results? It would be better if you could share pbix file. 

By the way, European Union is not a country according to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

crspd
Regular Visitor

I'm aware the European Union isn't a country which is why I referred to it as an economic union. 

However many statistics are no longer done on an individual European country level, but are instead aggregated to the level of the entire European Union. For example looking at wheat production data the major statistical sources combine all EU countries together and label it "European Union". However PowerBI doesn't know how to map that. So the largest producer in my data isn't being mapped. 

powerbi.PNG

Ideally if the data includes "European Union" it would be mapped like below (taken from the Wikipedia article)

EU.PNG