Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bug with expand table column

I have data say 

personsalestypeaddresscountry

I run a merge and remove duplicates so data row 2 is replace with new row 
Then I merge with new table to obtain states
but then when I expand the table column the old data row 2 with 12343 is being given and the 12345 disappears.

Hi @anonymouAsd ,

It's seems by desgin,as a workaround,you may try like dufu says. “sort a key coloum before expanding

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
dufu
Regular Visitor

Hi @anonymouAsd, I am searching for a bug which sounds similar to your scenario. Unfortunately I dont understand your sample case, BUT, I also got a workaround myself already. Please try to sort a key coloum before expanding. This worked for me.

Maybe this is a similar issue: 【BUG】Expanded Table ,the index of the previous ste... - Microsoft Power BI Community

I share my sample here: Disappearing line when expanding a table column - Microsoft Power BI Community

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @anonymouAsd ,

It's seems by desgin,as a workaround,you may try like dufu says. “sort a key coloum before expanding

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

dufu
Regular Visitor

Hey @v-xiaoyan-msft , thanks for replying quickly. Though, I disagree that it happens this way 'by design'. The way how Power BI treats the unfold it is manipulating the Data. It is not just a cosmetic issue but a serious data problem, if you don't notice it.

Please check if there is another way to prioritize this.