Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Broken Tiles in Dashboard can't be Deleted

I've seen the same issue before, but no one had a resoltion for it. 

I updated a report, which broke some tiles on a dashboard. But the ellipses to delete the tile is missing and I can't find any other way to remove these now broken tiles. 

Can anyone help? 

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.
It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
Mike_A
Regular Visitor

IT'S FIXED!! Details below:

- There is a patch coming 5/1 to resolve this, I don't know exactly where/who will get it applied

- The same fix VBDA suggested has now worked. with the engineer's help. For me it was not working because of how I was adding the New Dashboard piece to the URL. Here's how it worked:

Replace everything starting at CTID with useNewDashboard=0.

(see image)2023-04-18_10-06-48.jpg

I was placing it at the end, but had to remove CTID and all that came after, and once I did that the tiles appeared in the right color - with the ellipsis(three dots) and I could remove them. Upon going back into the dashboard 'normally' the broken tiles were gone. 

Hopefully this helps a few of you folks out there with this strange issue.

Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Thanks @Mike_A for the instructions! I've tried it and it works for me also! Woo!

Something interesting as well is that after I applied this to one dashboard, it automatically applied to my other dashboard that had the same issue. Almost like it applies to the whole account once you apply it once.

agusmba
Advocate II

Thank you @Anonymous , the workaround with "useNewDashboard=0" allowed me to fix my dashboards which were plagued with this issue.

Kudos!

ShabnamKhan
Frequent Visitor

I have encountered the same issues with no avail up until I came across this thread. Your solution @Anonymous worked! Thanks so much, it made my day!