Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Broken Tiles in Dashboard can't be Deleted

I've seen the same issue before, but no one had a resoltion for it. 

I updated a report, which broke some tiles on a dashboard. But the ellipses to delete the tile is missing and I can't find any other way to remove these now broken tiles. 

Can anyone help? 

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.
It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
Mike_A
Regular Visitor

I have a call with PBI tech support engineer Monday. Unclear on timing for resolution but I will update the thread when resolved. Good luck everyone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been in contact with an engineer and they have collected several logs of the issue on my end. They currently don't have a solution, but they're looking into it. Will update when I know more.

dregan
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue - following this post for a resolution. Thanks!

breinehr

Same thing happens to me: tiles that don't show any data and can't deleted. 

The "..." on the top right corner are not availble only for these two. 

breinehr_0-1681748158866.png

Other tiles in the same dashboard (including tiles from the same report) work perfectly.

jamespatterson
Frequent Visitor

Hey, same issue, any solutions?

@Anonymous 

GENIEPO

I'm having same issue as well. Looking for any help.

power bi.jpg

057Sophie
Helper I

Hi,

I have the same issue.

I guess I will raise an ticket.

If everybody does it, it might help make things move.

057Sophie_0-1681802568635.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone, 

Seems like more and more of us are receving the same issue.

I received word back from Microsoft and they advised that they are still investigating the issue, but they have come up with a work around for the time being.

Here is the response I received:

"

Thank you for your patience as we looked into this issue for you. We have identified this as a bug and will be working on creating a fix for this issue. There is not an ETA on that yet, however I do have a workaround we can try.

Please add the query parameter “useNewDashboard=0” to the url you are using to view the dashboard. example: https://app.powerbi.com/groups/60316745-3df1-4cb4-bb9d-e327a6e9234f/dashboards/569b007b-a84a-422c-b5...

This should allow the tiles to be deleted."

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me, but maybe it will work for some of you. 

Good luck folks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just noticed that my comment cut the link short, so here is a screenshot of what was said.

VBDA_0-1681810142796.png

Mike_A
Regular Visitor

Update: met with engineer, he said there is a patch applied to fix this issue, but the patch may not have been applied to all 'clusters' which I think may mean global regions. He's still investigating and I'll share another update when he gets back with me (he said today or tomorrow). @Anonymous thanks for passing that along, it also didn't work for me to add the new dashboard parameter. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but tried that at the end of my link several different ways and none did anything.