Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

April 2022 update problems

After the April 2022 update to Power BI desktop (MS Store version), I have been unable to to do full refreshes on large files. I get the following error: 

"If schemaTableResult is present and populated, expect the same number of columns in each TableResult". After a number of attempts to solve the problem with various large data files, I eventually tried installing the March 2022 version via the archived dowload page at Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

The March 2022 version had no problems with refreshes on the exact same file. Anyone else having problems with April 2022 MS Store version? 

Seems like could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test with the same version of Power BI Desktop.

Could you please consider more information about this issue, like:

1. What are the data sources of the report in this issue
  2. About large files, how about the data size of the report
  3. Whether there is any screenshots in Power BI Desktop when this issue happens
  4. Since April MS store version not works, have you tried to test on the Web download version of Power BI Desktop to check it again

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Seems like could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test with the same version of Power BI Desktop.

Could you please consider more information about this issue, like:

1. What are the data sources of the report in this issue
  2. About large files, how about the data size of the report
  3. Whether there is any screenshots in Power BI Desktop when this issue happens
  4. Since April MS store version not works, have you tried to test on the Web download version of Power BI Desktop to check it again

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have exactly the same error after the April 2022 Update on my dataset in Power BI Desktop. I didn't try to downgrade to March version but the file I use worked with the March version. 

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to refresh every table separately in the Power Query window, which worked fine. Only when I want to accept changes, it fails on a single table which has ~1200 columns. This is a sparse table of a SQL Server database. I expect either being the fact that it is such a wide table or that it is a sparse table to be a problem.

data source: sql server

size of the report: ~200MB

@AFI do you also have a wide, sparse table?

AFI
Frequent Visitor

@v-yingjl  Thanks for help. There are 60 sources, comprising excel and txt files and 3 https sites. The pbix file size is 2gb.  Here's the screenshot. It's from the test by using the Web download April version of Power BI Desktop. 

AFI_0-1650927364111.png

Manual refresh of individual sources works ok. It's just when a full refresh is called that the problem emerges. Went back to March version and full refresh works again.

@Anonymous I don't have large sparce table like yours, just large pbix files and many connected datasets.

The largest table has around 200 columns, far less than your 1,200. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AFI Thanks for your update. Meanwhile I figured out that the refresh in the cloud service still works. So if you can wait for the online refresh, you might have a workaround. I cannot upload old data and wait for the refresh, so I am stuck. 

I would appreciate any help. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is an issue regarding connecting the PowerBI to one of the tables on Google Big Query which is giving this error:
"object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I tried different ways to resolve this issue but finally the only way it resolved was by downgrading to a version earlier (May2022 downgraded to March2022)

Based on my reseach, this issue was frequent on 2017, and it was resolving by downgrading also.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous , @v-yingjl I just found out that my problems disappeared after updating to Version 2.106.582.0 64-bit (June 2022). Does updating solve the problem for you too?
SilviaM
Frequent Visitor

I have updated to Version: 2.108.603.0 64-bit (August 2022) and error was solved! 

AFI
Frequent Visitor

Yes, solved for me too!