Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anyone an idea how to solve this problem: Don't have a support for visit of 'Model' type!

I get this error when trying to update my powerquery, also undid the latest steps but it doesn't solve the issue.

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2023-03-23T14:52:27.0837834Z

Local Time:
2023-03-23T15:52:27.0837834+01:00

Session ID:
5c727040-8c03-40e3-9507-5b20881e0579

Release:
March 2023

Product Version:
2.115.663.0 (x64)

Stack Trace:
System.NotImplementedException
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Tabular.Utilities.DefaultObjectTypeVisitor`1.VisitDefault(MetadataObject object)
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Modeling.Engine.DataModel.ModelObjectConverter.ModelProxyConversionVisitor.Visit(Model model)
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Tabular.Utilities.MetadataObjectExtensions.Accept[T](MetadataObject obj, IObjectTypeVisitor`1 visitor)
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Modeling.Engine.DataModel.ModelObjectConverter.Convert[T](MetadataObject metadataObject, DataModelState dataModelState)
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Modeling.Engine.DataModel.Utilities.DataModelExtensions.GetDataModel(IMetadataObject metadataObject)
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Modeling.Engine.DataModel.Utilities.DataModelExtensions.GetLastLoadedV3FormulaTextCollection(ITable table)
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Modeling.Engine.Loader.LoadToModelImpactAnalyzer.Visit(ISimpleQueryMappingInput input)
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Modeling.Engine.Loader.LoadToModelImpactAnalyzer.GetImpactAnalysisWarnings(ModelingMashupDocument mashupDocument, IModelingSession modelingSession, IModelingQueryServices refreshPolicyService, TableInputToQueryMap tableInputToQueryMap)
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Modeling.Engine.Loader.PowerQueryToModelLoader.PerformLoadInternal(IExtendedModelChangeScope modelChangeScope, IRelationshipLoader relationshipLoader, IModelingQueryServices queryServices, ModelSchemaSyncContext modelSchemaSyncContext, Boolean skipImpactAnalysisWarning)
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Modeling.Engine.Loader.PowerQueryToModelLoader.<>c__DisplayClass20_0.<PerformLoadAsync>b__3()
bij System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
bij System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- Einde van stacktracering vanaf vorige locatie waar uitzondering is opgetreden ---
bij System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
bij System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Modeling.Hosting.ModelingTelemetryService.<>c__DisplayClass8_0`1.<<RunInAsyncActivity>b__0>d.MoveNext()
--- Einde van stacktracering vanaf vorige locatie waar uitzondering is opgetreden ---
bij System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Modeling.Hosting.ModelingTelemetryService.<RunInAsyncActivity>d__7.MoveNext()
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Modeling.Hosting.ModelingTelemetryService.<RunInAsyncActivity>d__8`1.MoveNext()
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Modeling.Engine.Loader.LoadToReportFlow.<PerformLoadToAnalysisServices>d__18.MoveNext()
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Modeling.Engine.Loader.LoadToReportFlow.<ExecuteInternal>d__13.MoveNext()
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Modeling.Engine.Loader.LoadToReportFlow.<Execute>d__12.MoveNext()
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Modeling.Engine.ModelingEngine.<LoadModelAsyncInternal>d__10.MoveNext()
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Modeling.Hosting.ModelingTelemetryService.<>c__DisplayClass8_0`1.<<RunInAsyncActivity>b__0>d.MoveNext()
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Modeling.Hosting.ModelingTelemetryService.<RunInAsyncActivity>d__7.MoveNext()
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Modeling.Hosting.ModelingTelemetryService.<RunInAsyncActivity>d__8`1.MoveNext()
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Modeling.Hosting.DesktopModelingHost.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<<LoadToModel>b__1>d.MoveNext()
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Modeling.Engine.Authoring.AsyncModelAuthoringService.<>c__DisplayClass11_0.<<RunExtendedModelChangeAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Modeling.Engine.Authoring.AsyncModelAuthoringService.<ContinueWithAsyncOperation>d__14.MoveNext()
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Modeling.Hosting.DesktopModelingHost.<LoadToModel>d__16.MoveNext()
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.FloatingDialog.KoLoadToReportDialog.<>c__DisplayClass34_0.<<StartLoadToReportFlow>b__0>d.MoveNext()
bij Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<HandleAwaitableAsyncExceptions>d__1.MoveNext()

PowerBINonFatalError:
{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.115.663.0","ModuleName":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Tabular.Utilities.dll","Component":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Tabular.Utilities.DefaultObjectTypeVisitor`1","Error":"System.NotImplementedException","MethodDef":"VisitDefault","ErrorOffset":"26"}

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.19044.0 (x64 en-US)

CLR Version:
4.8 or later [Release Number = 528372]

Peak Virtual Memory:
72 GB

Private Memory:
1.49 GB

Peak Working Set:
1.18 GB

IE Version:

User ID:
a161868d-c582-4fe7-a087-130c58f0c597

Workbook Package Info:
1* - nl-NL, Query Groups: 0, fastCombine: Disabled, runBackgroundAnalysis: True.

Telemetry Enabled:
True

Model Default Mode:
Import

Model Version:
PowerBI_V3

Enabled Preview Features:
PBI_enableWebView2
PQ_WebView2Connector
PBI_sparklines
PBI_scorecardVisual
PBI_fieldParametersSuperSwitch
PBI_horizontalFusion
PBI_relationshipEditPane
PBI_setLabelOnExportPdf

Disabled Preview Features:
PBI_shapeMapVisualEnabled
PBI_SpanishLinguisticsEnabled
PBI_qnaLiveConnect
PBI_azureMapVisual
PBI_compositeModelsOverAS
PBI_b2bExternalDatasetSharing
PBI_enhancedTooltips
PBI_NlToDax
PBI_optimizeTabRibbon
PBI_angularRls
PBI_onObject

Disabled DirectQuery Options:
TreatHanaAsRelationalSource

Cloud:
GlobalCloud

DPI Scale:
100%

Supported Services:
Power BI

Hi all,

Can anyone who has encountered this problem tell me how to trigger this error. I tried to reproduce the problem but was unable to do so.

Power BI released the latest version 2.115.842.0 64-bit (March 2023) a few days ago, please download it to see if the problem still exists.

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @MS150 ,

Please describe in detail how to reproduce this problem. What steps did you do in Power BI Desktop that caused this problem?

Also this ERROR message you mentioned in the title(Don't have a support for visit of 'Model' type), can you provide the full one?

Best regards.

DBechai
Regular Visitor

I started experiencing this issue as well after the recent update it seems. Not sure what triggers is but it seems that the tables in the Data View and Power Query are out of sync which then causes an issue when deleting columns. 

NourJ
Helper III

I faced the same error any suggestions on how to solve it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here, 

My problem rise when I updated a field pulled from Airtable that was not converting into a column. The reasoon was this field was empty on the first row. Once populated it created a column and when tried to apply settings got the message

My field is a long text field, my guess is this is creating the error. Maybe....

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi all,

Can anyone who has encountered this problem tell me how to trigger this error. I tried to reproduce the problem but was unable to do so.

Power BI released the latest version 2.115.842.0 64-bit (March 2023) a few days ago, please download it to see if the problem still exists.

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have also started to experience this issue today when attempting to build relationships between a DirectQuery source (from a published PowerBI Dataset) and another resource.

DBechai
Regular Visitor

Regarding the update potentially fixing the issue: It seems that the problems started to occur since the update. It is hard to tell what exactly causes the issue, but in Data View I added a column and then I wanted to process further in Power Query, did a few succesful steps and when I deleted one of the columns that was not needed the entire model flipped becoming unworkable. 

JanMichaelBeran
Regular Visitor

I've run into this issue as well and it seems to be related to date/time/timezone columns in the dataset. My case is, I query a datatable that holds date fields in the DTZ format including the timezone code at the end of the DT stamp. Power BI natively reads it as text (though visuals pick it up as date/time?!). When I want to change the column format in the Column Tools ribbon so I can present it as Date only, it starts delivering errors.

My only fix is Splitting the Column into separate Date and TIme fields in Power Query. This is a BS workaround but the report is stable after refresh.

Installing the latest version linked above doesn't work. This is a really dumb biff for the Power BI team. D-T-Z columns are ubiquitous and should be one of the first things they test before releasing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar situation where I added a new column with DateTime to an existing model and started getting this error when I changed the data type to Date Only.

After reading the above workaround from @JanMichaelBeran I was hopeful that it would get resolved. Unfortunately, it didn't!

When you 'Apply changes' to the Power Query it brings a half-baked/erroneous column into the data model but it is not able to use/parse it successfully. That's when it seems to be throwing that error.

Luckily, I was able to "fix" the data in my Excel data file (truncating the timestamp and keeping datepart only). So I deleted the problem column, restarted Power BI, and refreshed the data model, and voila! It pulled the column from the data source and things are back to normal!!

WalChung

I get this error too.

I have a simple Get Data connector to Active Directory data pulling in date fields from the user tables. Columns like badpwdtime and lastlogontime come in as Floating Point (1.2f) data type and I tried to change the type to Date/Time and apply/save but receive that error immediately.