Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

API Calls conflict when called enough times

I am using Qualys API Calls within my project. I need one Web API Call to retrieve the List IDs from Qualys, and another to gather the contents associated with those List IDs. I am also trying to display and order the data from those reports in three different ways on the project's pages (there is a lot of information within them). I have had to use three separate queries, each referencing a function I defined that performs these two API calls, as I have really only had success with this when I have a query devoted to each. When I refresh these queries in the Power Query editor individually they update correctly, but when I try to refresh the entire report there is always an error, with one of the queries failing to refresh due to a 'conflict.' When I eliminate one of the queries and therefore only have two queries (both drawing from the function call with two API Calls), this problem seems to dissipate, however. Is there a way around this issue? Is it possible to avoid the conflicts for these Web API Calls or find a way to not need to make three separate queries with API Calls?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Here's a blog about using List.Generate to call multiple API calls, please see if it is helpful.

How to use List.Generate to make API Calls in Power Query M - BI Gorilla

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous ,

Here's a blog about using List.Generate to call multiple API calls, please see if it is helpful.

How to use List.Generate to make API Calls in Power Query M - BI Gorilla

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj