Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

refresh preview is not working - I cannot edit my data

Hey, I'm working with SharePoint files, and I'm having an issue. All the files are combined into one, but this particular file keeps loading and I can't seem to access it for editing. I've checked if background data is disabled, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm not sure what's going on. I've been using this project for several months, and it's the first time I've encountered this issue with the preview not working. Not even an error message appears.

I have this project set up with automatic daily refresh, and it's quite perplexing. While the web version is functioning properly and I can see the updated data online, the Power BI Desktop version seems completely frozen. I'm unable to update the data there because the refresh function isn't working, making it impossible for me to see or edit the data on my desktop.

daniog_0-1709598035205.png

Hi  @daniog 

You can access the data normally in SharePoint , but when you opened the report that connected to SharePoint before , you cannot load any data , right ? Have you done any updates recently ? Or did you recreate a report to connect to the SharePoint list and see if you can load the data successfully?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @daniog 

You can access the data normally in SharePoint , but when you opened the report that connected to SharePoint before , you cannot load any data , right ? Have you done any updates recently ? Or did you recreate a report to connect to the SharePoint list and see if you can load the data successfully?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

daniog
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft

My project is organized like this: I load 7 different files from a SharePoint folder. Since these files share a similar structure, I merge them to consolidate the information into one. While the 7 individual files in the project load without any issues, I encounter a problem with the merged query (with this query I create the dashboard). In Power BI Desktop, when I attempt to refresh the merged query to update my dashboard, it continuously loads without displaying any visualizations for editing. Strangely, the online dashboard reflects the data updates that I can't see in the desktop version.

This suggests to me that the merge process is functioning correctly, and the issue lies within the desktop program and the connection to the model.

daniog
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft

I just noticed some of the 7 individual queries are loading but not updating, the online dashboard is also outdated now.