Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

how can i upgrade powerbi destktop without having 2 version of desktop

hi i keep reminded that i need to upgrade my power bi desktop.. i upgraded it once by downloading it,,, and i have 2 version of it.. 

it is very difficult to know which app to select..

do i need to uninstall the current one and install the new version?

there must be a way i can just simply upgrade it.

thank you

Zoey

Hi  @ZOEY 

To make sure that you can uninstall it cleanly, you need to go to Control Panel and find PBI Desktop and uninstall it.

Then go to Download center to download the latest installer and install it.

Download Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
marcelsmaglhaes
Super User

Hi @ZOEY ,

To update Power BI Desktop, you can follow the following steps or check this video (How to Update Microsoft Power BI Desktop Latest Version - YouTube😞

1. Open Power BI Desktop.
  2. Click on the "Help" tab in the top menu.
  3. Select "About" on the right corner.
  4. Take note of the version number displayed in the "About" window.
  5. Visit the Power BI Desktop's latest update page on Microsoft's website.
  6. Compare the version number displayed on the page with what you noted earlier.
  7. If your Power BI Desktop version is out of date, you can update it manually through the Microsoft website or update it through the Microsoft Store.
  8. If you downloaded Power BI Desktop from the Microsoft Store, software updates can be done automatically. This is especially helpful for users with Windows 10 and above, as Microsoft Store's automatic updates will keep Power BI Desktop up to date without any manual intervention required.
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi  @ZOEY 

To make sure that you can uninstall it cleanly, you need to go to Control Panel and find PBI Desktop and uninstall it.

Then go to Download center to download the latest installer and install it.

Download Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

ZOEY
Regular Visitor

Thank you all, it will be nice to auto update. 

I have 365 account with Power BI subscription.  I install it from office 365 link. 

This is the 3rd or 4th time i have to download it onto 2 diff. pc. 

what i did is uninstall the old version and install the lastest version. 

Thank you again 

Zoey

poulhernandezsv

In my case, I had to upload the dashboards in a power bi pro account and then the PDF export process works perfectly. This is not a solution, but, If making the report in PDF is an exception just to make a presentation or show like product information.