Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Waterfall visual filter bug

Hello all,

I've been looking to use the new waterfall visual.  Here is a really difficult to find bug, but it's really nasty so I pass it along.

Screenshot 1: I've cleared a filter--which then uses a visual filter to clear a matrix and a stacked bar.  All is well with that.  

The two orange arrows show how the waterfalls don't stop showing.  Screenshot2, I "hit the pinball machine" by clicking the ribbon off and voila the waterfalls respond properly but require hitting the machine each time to get the visual filter working.  

AND when I put it on app.powerbi...there isn't any way to tilt the machine.  I can't tell you how long it took to find this issue since filtering a visual off is often hard.  But here it is.  Hope this helps

Tom

Screenshot1-Matrix and barcht work.pngScreenshot2-waterfall works when I hit it.png

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@ThomasDay

I think your issue is same as this one. I’ve already reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 42044930
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@ThomasDay

This issue has been fixed in Aug 2017 version of Power BI Desktop based on my test.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual

Excellent!  Yes, it's working on our embedded application, app.powerbi.com, and desktop...That's great!

Incidentally, there was another "initial state" type of bug that disappeared with August's update.  When a .pbix file was initially opened, and an attribute slicer was on the first tab, and set to single select AND was set (had a token and should filter), ...the slicer would show it's setting (token) but the slicer would not actually be filtering.  Very confusing as well.

Thanks all,

Tom