Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Unable to Connect: Data Source / Refresh Error

I have several data sources that a linked back to excel sheets on an internal network, i have a single MySQL connection that connects to a local SQL Workbench database. The Excel sheets connect successfully however the SQL connection is inconssitent, if I test the connection now it will connect successfully but a minute later it generates the error "Unable to connect: This data source cannot connect to any gateway instances of the cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance.".

If i try to connect from PowerBI Desktop i can connect view tables and refresh reports just fine.

My onpremise gateway is installed on a separate machine from the database.

I have about 3 users linked to this data source with about 2 refreshes per day for about 4 reports each, report style is import data.

This has been happening as of Wednesday April 15, 2020.

Data Source Error:

Data Source ErrorData Source Error

Refresh Error

Refresh ErrorRefresh Error

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@jevaund ,

Which server has installed on-premises data gateway? Can you connect to the data source using power bi desktop from the server which has installed on-premises data gateway?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

jevaund
Regular Visitor

@v-yuta-msft , Yes that was fine from the server with the gateway, after a thorough network investigation we found an IP conflict that was not being resolved by the dhcp server, this kept redirecting traffic when the gateway made requests but sent traffic else where when the power bi desktop tried to retrieve info...strange.